Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Real Deal

So guess what? This morning a huge group of volunteers showed up around 9:00 to help me strip wallpaper and paint, and worked like beavers all day. For lunch we ordered pizza from our famous hole-in-the-wall (literally) restaurant, Buck Creek Pizza, and they kept going until late afternoon. The whole downstairs is done except for new carpet! It’s like that extreme make-over TV show!

Believe me? Well, do you? Hmmmmm. I’m pretty much a straight-shooter, right? Trustworthy? Yays are yays, and nays are nays?

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! APRIL FOOL! That was all a LIE. (I can’t believe I’m doing this.)

Here’s what REALLY happened today. I…

1. …woke up in the wee hours due to Fritz’s snoring and went to another bed to escape the vicious hog snorts.

2. …went to the bank and initially felt very frumpy next to an immaculately-dressed and coiffed woman-in-black with Za-Za-Gabore-type make-up. She was very sweet and facilitated my co-signing for a home equity loan to do the spruce-up on this place. I left feeling glad to be me, even in my sloppy sneakers and sweatshirt; I could never be that smooth.

3. …talked to 3 different carpet store representatives and had 3 completely different experiences: one was talky-talky-hard-sell, another interested-and-helpful, and a third shifty-eyed-and-indifferent (I think he wanted to be on the golf course or anyplace other than THERE).

4. …did some grocery shopping and noticed the store seemed well-stocked but unusually empty as far as customers – coincidence or economy? Sorta creepy.

5. …worked on the dining room paint some more. (For my sentiments on painting, read yesterday’s blog.)

6. …make homemade potato soup for my poor starving Fritz-men (father and son) for their lunchboxes tomorrow.

7. …finally started listening to Sound Therapy at 8:30 – which means I’ll have violins-on-the-brain until 11:30 tonight!

Believe me? Yup. That’s the real deal all right. Not that any of that is worth recording, but I thought I’d better set the record straight after the April Foolery…MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments: