So, after just 2 days in the Miracle Camp kitchen, I realize I’m not the person for the job after all - despite my push-it-through mentality and dreams of returning to an occupation similar to that of my 40’s. There are too many things working against me: noise levels (tinnitus irritation that practically incapacitates my auditory function), my own lack of strength/stamina/mental acuity (no small thing), and the circumstances of our lives (back-and-forth-ness and remodeling goals in Buck Creek). I’m saddened on some levels, as I know they were fairly desperate for “mature” help and were willing to flex to meet my needs. I would have loved to be part of this incredible ministry. And yet I figured it was better to exit right away rather than have them spend all this time training me and then bail out later.
I’m suddenly so grateful to be married to a man who loves me and provides for me. I also realize this was not a wasted experience, and will guide me forward toward other goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment