Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Going Green

This time of year, we can easily see the trees and grass in Buck Creek are seasonally about 2 weeks ahead of Michigan’s trees and grass. Differences are obvious as we travel back-and-forth each week. The lushness is already upon us, down here. The tree buds are only just beginning to appear, up there.

Seasons. I’ve witnessed a lot of them – seasons of bitter cold and oppressive heat; seasons of fullness and want; seasons of growth and dormancy.

This current season of my life seems somewhat unique. Although I often feel like I’m wandering in needy desert-places, a consistent shekinah glory cloud leads me – and I find provisional oases show up regularly.

It seems to be a season for gathering what has been sown in my life to date and bearing new fruit in the so-called golden years. I personally see these years being more greenish than golden – green with the new spring-green that is popping up everywhere. When I have eyes to see His mercy, God is indeed decorating my inner heart with such green-ness: new, fresh, growing, eager evidence of LIFE.

No comments: