In the aftermath of my recent tsunami-like blitz through the camp kitchen (and subsequent exhaustion symptoms bordering on collapse - no kidding), I continue to process the experience. Funny…within a week I went from dreamer-gone-practical (futuristic awesome would-be-camp-cook who couldn’t make it happen) to practical-gone-dreamer (well-seasoned homemaker who sees more to the picture than mundane tasks). Follow that flip-flop?
The internal teeter-totter is tipping as a result. I see things from the higher perch that perhaps I haven’t seen at all before, or at least were somewhat camouflaged. Priorities have shuffled. Contentment seems more real. I value what I AM, what I HAVE/KNOW/BELIEVE.
Here are some other little proverb-like thoughts that keep ping-ponging around in my head.
There truly is a time for all seasons. The trick is to embrace/enjoy/live the current one.
I am needy, and yet my identity and worth are defined by my weaknesses only as they are transformed into spiritual strengths.
Nothing stays the same - ever. Things can change without even a moment’s notice, including my own heart and soul.
God uses circumstances to guide/lead and teach me about myself, others, and Himself. This isn’t new news, and yet I’m in another dimension (almost) as I observe how He steers me AWAY FROM as well as TOWARD, and rarely leaves me in one spot for long.
My husband and family are loyal to the core. I don’t deserve such steadfast love.
Committed Christ-followers flock together. Where you find one you often find a genuine, sacrificial, abiding community defined by metamorphosis and growth.
Age is something to glory in, for it brings the possibility of wisdom.
Humility often shows up in the midst of limitation – but I only when I admit I’m limited, refuse to wear pretentious masks, and recognize my Source.
Intentionally stewarding my physical body is not just a good/preferred/healthy option among other options – it is a matter of obedience to God. My body is His tool; my job is to keep it sharp/clean/strong/able and then yield it to Him.
The little ditties I spouted off to my kids not only sound noble (although they do!), they’re TRUE. “There is no comparison without injury.” “Relationships are more important than issues.” “Attitudes are more important than facts.”
Interaction comes in all shapes and sizes. I hope to not use others for my own advantage OR be caught/trapped/manipulated by another person’s (potentially unintentional) expectations or possessiveness. I do want to serve others eagerly/willingly and receive what they offer me with open arms, even if their offerings don’t match my own desires.
Suffering leads me to Gethsemene, the cross, the pool of Bethesda - to more renewing and life-altering places than those pursued during recreational enjoyment.
Inner healing is tangible. It cannot be measured, but you know when the sting goes away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment