Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mmmmmm....BROCCOLI SALAD!

I just finished a really good dinner, and it was one of my weird concoctions, no less.

After cooking all afternoon for various OTHER people who will be eating my food for the next couple of days, I ended up with:

Chicken and rice casserole
Green beans
Yeast rolls
Split pea soup with smoked turkey
Broccoli salad
Cut fresh fruit

The only thing in that whole repertoire that fit the raw-food mandate was the fruit and broccoli salad…so that’s what I had. The other stuff sat on the counter until it cooled and then went into the frig for later.

But I decided for posterity I needed to record what was in this (waaaay maaaarvelous) broccoli salad. So ready or not, here you go. Everything is very finely chopped…I think that’s part of the success:

Solids:

Broccoli
Red onion
Pine nuts (lots)
Pecans
Raisins


Dressing:

Olive oil
Raspberry vinegar
Honey
Celery seed
Salt/pepper
Dash of tarragon
Dash of onion powder

Go ahead, try it! What’s that, you say? You want proportions? Ohhhhh. Well, I’m sorry. I’m a grab-and-throw cook, for those of you who don’t already know. Things just sort of happen, and I can’t duplicate the same thing EXACTLY twice. So, I can’t help you there.

No comments: