I’ve escaped: a nose-twitchy, beady-eyed, scurrying, squeaking hamster-like woman on the loose! No more running around in that stupid mind-altering wheel, spinning with only an illusion of progress. I'm on the loose, for real.
When the kids were young, we had a Siberian hamster named Mousekin. His stature was smaller than the usual hamster – more mouse-like. Once he got out of his cage and roamed the house for a few days, exploring and scritch-scratching behind the walls. Finally one of the kids grabbed him in an unsuspecting moment of daytime disclosure, and returned him to the captivity of his cage to live (un)happily ever after.
Well anyway, I flew the Buck Creek coop this afternoon and drove to the Michigan lakehouse by myself. It was a major jailbreak. The hamster wheel (with its wearisome, repetitious remodel activity that seems to go on forever) is behind me for a few days.
I'll return to the cage and the wheel, sure enough, but not until I’m ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment