Monday, May 25, 2015

Great Food






Welcome to The New and Improved Mulie Diet, where every meal is a culinary adventure targeting heightened enjoyment and improved health.

Tonight’s menu included kale salad with sunflower seeds…




…baked steelhead trout breaded in rice Panko crumbs…


…roasted brussels sprouts…


…portabellas stuffed with onions, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and goat feta…


…and gluten-free, sugar-free blueberry pie.



It seems my kitchen has exploded into a vegetable paradise.  Tonight my plate was practically covered with veggies, while a lovely pink slab of naked trout snuggled in-between them (no crumb breading).  I also side-stepped the pie, even though only 1 tablespoon of honey and ¼ teaspoon of stevia were used to sweeten the filling. 

Why skip the fish breading and pie, you ask, when both were gluten-free?

Because I’m taking “the next step” and settling into an even more restricted diet than our usual anti-inflammatory fare in an attempt to positively affect my tinnitus.  Evidently there can be some overlap with chronic tinnitus/hyperacussis and epilepsy - both are characterized by neurological mis-firing - and some epileptics improve on a ketogenic diet. 


I feel funny using the word “restricted.” It doesn’t seem my food choices are cramped, or my tastebuds denied.  If anything, I'm enjoying the wonderful flavors and textures, and feel satisfied and clear-headed and energetic.  It’s great food!


No comments: