Sunday, May 3, 2015

Afterglow



Sometimes the pieces of a particular day fit together just right, as if created for a purpose that can’t be fully realized until after-the-fact.

Yesterday was like that.

Tammy, a guest at our ladies’ “health and healing spa” at church, hugged me tight as she prepared to leave.  Soft light poured from her eyes, external evidence of an internal glow.  She looked at me deeply, soul-to-soul, and said, “I feel like an entirely new person.”

Another women described the day as anointed

This morning the words of an ancient liturgical chant seem relevant: they address the Spirit of Truth as “everywhere present and filling all things.” During several hours, He was there while we laughed, learned, loved, and corporately sought our merciful God who restores bodies, souls, and spirits. He was there refreshing, encouraging, and challenging us to each take the next step in our individual journeys.

I poured my whole self into the event – planning, food prep, presentation. Now as I rest and bask in the afterglow, I am overwhelmed with gratitude.


No comments: