Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Found It




“I’ll find it,” she said. 

I’d been blabbing on to Sandra about recent neck and back pain. 

“I’ll find it,” she repeated gently, as if to calm my descriptive anxieties.

“I’m sure you will,” I replied.  And, I WAS sure she would.

Sandra is my favorite therapeutic masseuse, ever.  To be honest, my only therapeutic masseuse, ever.  I think she’s gifted.  Her hands are lightning and velvet:  hot coals and heavy footsteps and ice slicks and baby cheeks. 

Sixty minutes later, my upper body was wrung out and rubbery.  She’d found “it”, a big knot in a muscle on the right side of my neck that was playing tug-of-war with one on the left.  The tugging muscle on the left had also spread the jolly fun all the way down the left side of my back. But it was all the fault of that bully on the right. 

I envision little eyes on the tips of all her fingers, looking inside with x-rays, down deep, checking out the interior body-scape, and then shooting relaxation ammo from lazer guns at just the right spots until I burn and freeze and numb and soften.  It’s amazing, really.

It would be nice if she lived in my closet, and I could pull her out at will.  Or in an envelope, in which case I’d send her via US Postal Service to some of you out there who could also benefit from her remedial touch.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I had a "Sandra" once! Actually, when I lived in MI, too. I'm still looking for "her" almost 10 years later!

Glad she "found it" for you.