Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Tale of Kale




This afternoon I heard I heard a rap-rap-rap, as if someone was kicking rather than knocking on our storm door.  Our neighbor’s friend, a large-statured man in his 80’s, stood on the other side, arms laden, almost-hidden by two enormous bunches of freshly-cut kale.

I opened the door and laughed at this Jolly Green Giant covered by frilly, ruffled, dark-green leaves.  He handed me one bunch for each hand - beautiful cascading greenery radiating from common centers like bridal bouquets.  Both were unique works of art.



Tomorrow I will juice kale leaves, romaine lettuce, lemons, fresh ginger, and apples, to make Green Lemonade.  And then Tuesday day, I’ll juice more…and then Wednesday, more again. There’s plenty to inspire a Juice Feast for several days – which is, in case you don’t know, a juice fast gone gluttonous.

Thanks, Green Giant!


No comments: