Tonight I’m digging around in all those linguistic nooks and
crannies in my mind, but can’t seem to find a word to describe my reaction to this year’s Mother’s
Day. The day started off like any
other typical Sunday in May, but developed into a spontaneous
family-pile-in-at-the-lake day with some distinctly unique features, and left
me….um, well….that’s the word I’m looking for.
Events included a last-minute lunch buffet after church (fortunately
I had quite a few leftovers in my frig), afternoon grandkid play in the lake
and sandbox and everywhere else, and an exotic celebratory evening meal on the
deck planned and orchestrated by our son-in-law (with some help from voluntary
side-kicks, but NOT me) including grilled romaine lettuce topped with strips of
grilled steak, gorgonzola cheese, julienne celery, cherry tomato wedges,
croutons, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, PLUS roasted asparagus and grilled
French bread smeared with roasted garlic, PLUS homemade chocolate crepes filled
with homemade chocolate mousse and topped with sliced strawberries and a
special sauce. Whew! I also received a thoughtful phone
call, several cards (a meaningful one with a promise to do yard work, a sweet
card from the grandkids, and an inspiring one from my hubby), a very pretty
potted plant, AND 30 minutes of luxurious, dreamy head massage while the kiddos
napped.
I guess that’s quite a few words, and yet they only provide factual
information and don’t really capture my response to the day. So I’ll try again. The special dinner? Beyond yumtastic! The company? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! ME? Surprised, honored, overwhelmed,
grateful, and wow-ed…swamped and engulfed by honor, respect, love, and
blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment