Yesterday evening at dusk I sat on the deck with a blank page on my laptop screen and waited for closure on the day – not just chronological closure as night approached, but rather I had to make sense of certain things. I waited a long time, perhaps over an hour, inviting my thoughts to settle while letting the cream rise to the top. It had been a day of ups and downs, aches and mistakes, churning and yearning and learning. Here are the words that eventually showed up:
I am fortunate to sit beside still waters this evening, watch a handful of swans drifting in the lake like big white bobbers, and relish the warm breezes on my face.
I am fortunate to look up and see the half-moon hanging in the gray sky to remind me that earthly perceptions are flat compared to universal dimensions and eternal realities.
I am fortunate to know One Supreme Lover relentlessly pursues me. I am fortunate to know a man who loves me has proven his love over time. I am fortunate to know so many people who are in my life for me to love.
I am fortunate to have a body strong enough to navigate my two-mile daily walk, a mind sharp enough to write these words, and a heart full enough of His Spirit to chase away fears that might otherwise stalk and attempt to consume me.
I am fortunate to face challenges regularly, and even today, because they provide a chance to wrestle with priorities, values, limitations, dreams, and beliefs - to seek perseverance, mercy, hope, and the presence of God.
2 comments:
Yet another thoughtful post that lives up to the name of your blog.
Wish I lived on a lakefront. I'm certain MY reflections would be as inspiring as I find yours :)
I am always amazed at how easily you "see" God on every day ,taken for granted things. You inspire me to look deeper or closer or maybe to simply be more aware. The fortunate, count my blessings was just what I needed today!
Post a Comment