I saw my doctor this morning and had a splinter of chrome dug out of my hand (ouch) – a remnant invader that buried itself three weeks ago when I was cleaning our ancient upright freezer. He did a good job of digging for gold (or in this case, buried silver), and exposing the nasty splinter.
As I drove home with a numb right hand and a sack of antibiotics plopped on the seat beside me, I listened to Chuck Swindoll on our local Moody radio station. He was delivering a New Years message I needed to hear – on submitting.
Submit your whole self, he said, as if to a high-water flood. Invite the Holy Spirit to pour into every crevasse of old hurt or bitterness; to tenderize and wash away whatever has become hardened. I pictured partial (selective) submitting as opposed to this kind of unstoppable WASH. And I envisioned a patient and faithful God, willing to probe and flush like my doctor, until even the most illusive and rebellious alien thought comes to light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment