This morning I could not seem to make myself completely wake up. Between 6:00 (when Fritz first woke) and 11:00 (when I finally got out of bed) I slipped between strange dreams and druggy visions and sleep, always coming back to a vague sense of being pinched somewhere deep inside, and therefore numb. It wasn’t a typical neurological numbness though, but rather something more holistic.
Finally, when I could muster enough coherence, I tried to focus on what that pinched-ness meant, and therefore on what was actually happening. The image that came to mind was of a central core line, something like a garden hose extending through my body, soul, and spirit, with a kink in it.
I sensed this was something big, something not to be swept under the rug (or in this case, blankets). I lay there and stretched, wanting to twist and release the kink just like you do with a hose. But I couldn’t. In fact, in my mind’s eye the pressure just kept building behind the kink, which allowed very little physical energy or mental acuity or emotional stability to dribble through.
I’ve been a little “off” all day, which feels cumulative, as if it has been building over time. I’m not sure what this means. It seems maybe I’m clogged somehow and would benefit by finding a pressure valve. I’m wondering if Solomon Wickey (the Amish master herbalist I’ll see in about a week) will know where it is? And if there’s any connection between the kink, tinnitus, and/or arthritis?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment