I’ve been invited to author a collection of recipes to help
people navigating an anti-Candida diet (in other words, they’re fighting yeast
overgrowth in the gut). Since they
can have no sugar in any form, not even fresh fruit, and only extremely limited
versions of starch (no grains or flour made of grains, for example), my focus
has been on alternative breads, snacks, crackers/chips, pancakes, desserts, and
so forth. Some recipes from my “raw”
and “gluten-free” collections are fine as-is. Other old ones are being reworked, and some new ones are shaking
things up a bit.
It’s a challenging project, but fun. Today I tried a new Rosemary Sesame
Cracker recipe made with almond flour, sesame seeds, flax seeds, rosemary,
coconut oil, water, and stevia.
The resulting rounds are DELICIOUS! Seriously. The flavor? I guess you could say it’s sort of Mediterranean, or if I’m
going for a more romantic word, Romanesque. Rich, herbal, satisfying, in an ancient way. The texture? Delicate.
As I type this, Chia Pudding is soaking in the frig for my
breakfast. It’s made from milled chia
seeds, coconut milk, cinnamon, allspice, vanilla, and stevia. The sad-looking mixture (think mud pie)
will thicken overnight, and in the morning I’ll top it with chopped walnuts. I’m honestly looking forward to this new
make-ahead breakfast item, having just licked some of the first-stage, slimy primordial
goo from my finger. The
flavor? Cinnamon rolls. I’m not kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment