Monday, December 10, 2012

Southward Bound Again




I’m heading out on a road trip back to the old hometown this morning, and am grateful the fog has lifted and the wet roads are not frozen.

My first stop, once I get there, will be to see my friend who teaches English at the high school our kids attended.  Thankfully, we still stay in touch regularly via email.  She happens to be blind.

I admire her for so many reasons, but among them her ability to be real – to not pretend away life’s challenges while living beyond the obvious everyday obstacles.  Although not sighted, she sees life through a very realistic, as well as trusting, lens. The Lord of Life lives within her, moving mountains as she walks through her days.   This viewpoint makes all the difference.

But before my lunch date, I must tackle a very long drive with only the radio for company.  I’m leaving shortly, and will not be back at the computer for almost three days.

My main goal while there will be to help my husband, who is retiring, dismantle his university office and say good-bye to his career.  Big pages are turning.  I’m choosing to see the print on those emerging pages - however it reads - through a lens of faith.




No comments: