Everywhere I go, store clerks ask the same question: “Are
you done with your shopping, yet?”
Interesting how there’s no other single question that could be appropriately
asked of anyone and everyone.
Well, just when I thought I WAS done with my shopping, lo
and behold, I wasn’t. This proves
a point: Christmas elves have a short season and must make hay while the sun
shines. Given the reality of
seasonal brevity, none of us should not be surprised when an elf offers fresh,
unexpected inspiration.
A helpful elf went elving with me in The Local City this
morning (elving, in case you don’t know, involves secretive, stealthy tip-toeing
to the stores - and/or Google - to brainstorm and gather information for
gifting). We returned home quickly
because of a tight schedule, and THEN I returned to The City by myself in the afternoon
to purchase the item.
Mileage. Don’t
think about it at Christmas-time when you live in the boonies.
THEN I packed up gifts for family members who live in The
Faraway City and sent them with said elf, who was leaving today to spend
Christmas with that segment of the family.
THEN this evening, the remaining unwrapped gifts called my
name from the dresser in the spare bedroom, the multiple ones for by the 7
other family members who WILL be here for Christmas. So I wrapped and taped and curled ribbon until I (almost)
dropped, wrapped and hid the Very Large purchase I made this afternoon (hiding
is tricky when you live in a small house with little closet space), and THEN
proclaimed the truth: I’M DONE.
No comments:
Post a Comment