Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Senior Woman Climbs Mount Refrigerator






How many 61-year-old women do you know who climb refrigerators?  Hmmmm?  Maybe….just one?

Okay, here’s the truth. In the picture posted here I’m perched on top of the refrigerator, true enough, but for a very good and sane reason: to prime the wall above the kitchen cabinets in preparation for a new warm brownish top-coat. (Note the new color already on the wall UNDER the cabinets.)



The top of the refrigerator is actually a nice place to work, preferable by far to the wobbly, ready-to-splinter-at-any-moment ladder, with a great view of the whole herd of fuzzy dust bunnies living in profusion (and seclusion) above the cabinets.  However I wouldn’t want to spend more than 10 minutes at a time up on the frig – my back and neck couldn’t take it.

But to finish the story, when I climbed down via the rickety old wooden stepladder (the bottom rung is literally held together with duct tape, no kidding) and returned to solid earth, er linoleum, I made a new discovery: the wisps of gray in my hair had suddenly multiplied while on Mount Refrigerator!  Had aging accelerated up there? 

Nah, I just bumped into wet paint (of course).  Looks sort of classy, doesn’t it?  A nice senior-style highlight?  Maybe I could start a new style.  Stranger things have happened in hairstyle fads!



No comments: