Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beauty and the Beast




“Beauty is defined by a pure, clean heart devoted to God,” our teaching leader said this morning during BSF. “Time spent with God develops greater beauty than time spent doing anything else.”

I believe that.  Some of the most beautiful people I know are wrinkled and saggy and old according to birthdays, but have practiced living by faith and trust in God for years.  Inner peace shows in their eyes, their attitudes, and their strength and compassion for others in the midst of their own physical weakness.

She went on to say, “Sin, or rebellion against God, is like a cancer – it spreads and spreads.  It is possible for a person to follow the ways of the world to his or her own internal destruction.”

I believe that, too. I’ve known people who are relatively young in years, but have already succumbed to self-diefication – the beast of prey that consumes their hearts and leads to despair.

No comments: