Friday, September 10, 2010

A Door Opens




I think I’ve said this before: encouragement is a rare commodity.  By this I don’t mean nicey-nice pats on the back, but real-deal encouragement when you know another person’s words, gestures, and motives link up with a bigger picture and FIT.  Such encouragement is refreshing, uplifting, and confirming.  How grounding to know, via another person’s testimony and invitation, that you’re not just treading water or wasting time, but are GOING SOMEWHERE in life and making a difference.

Today I was issued a casual but sincere invitation that would enable me to pursue a particular goal that has been brewing for a long time – at least 6 years, and probably more like 10.  It would give me a voice in an area of passion, and in a way that could be considered advocacy, if not also ministry.  This is not something to be taken lightly, for with positions of authority (such as that experienced by a teacher) comes responsibility.  Still, I am encouraged by the prospect and feel as if a new door is opening that may lead me to greater opportunity for fulfillment and service.


1 comment:

Megan said...

It isn't ballet lessons is it? ;)
and p.s. you did thank me for the swiss chard. I am glad you found a use for it. I could kiss you for taking it from me.