Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Illusive Pencil

Well now, fancy THAT.  Wonders never cease!

I've complained several times here (pout, pout) that the edit function on this blog hasn't worked correctly. WHAT A BUMMER.

Ok, go ahead, call me a techno-granny.  Surely I should be able to correct a technical snafoo - just click on the little box that says "enable edit function," right?  I did that, ga-zillions of times actually, and NOTHING HAPPENED.  Even my techno-guru son tried to "fix it" on his computer by going over/under/around/through applications, only for me to discover that my computer didn't have the same settings. So I couldn't do his techno-gymnastics even if I wanted to....which I didn't, since I just wanted the "normal" edit function.  Wasn't I entitled to an ERASER, for goodness sake?

So I gave up.  If there were bloopers, and typos, so be it.  My pride would just have to suffer.  My readers would just have to think I was a loser.  A L-O-S-E-R!

Then lo and behold, presto-chango, TODAY (why today?), ON ITS OWN, the edit function shows up.  Out of nowhere, literally, it just decides to jump out of hiding.  A few minutes ago the cutsie, stubby little pencil (like a golf pencil) just SHOWED UP at the end of each post.  Bravo, pencil....but how long will you stick around?  Will you go cavorting off to your favorite CAVE?  (Surely the pencil is male.) We'll see.

No comments: