As the saying goes, “When it rains, it pours.” And as we all know, sometimes the pouring becomes monsoon-ing…and then evolves into tsunami-ing.
Last night a tsunami wave slammed its way into the bathroom. Sue was about to Nah-Me anyway (i.e. my gasket was about to blow, get my cute personification?) as compounding irritants – like little straws that broke the camel’s back – turned gritty and sandpaper-y and threatened to make me just plain annoyed and grinchy. But on top of everything else, the water heater decided to go on strike right when I wanted to take a bath. Nice. Nothing like a relaxing, ice cold arctic shampoo at the end of the day. Very relaxing. You should try it sometime. Good for stimulating the nerve endings in the scalp. And nerves in general.
However, it turned out that the heater’s pilot light was just out, so this morning we had hot water again. Hopefully that’s the end of that particular bummer-outer. I also am reminding myself that I can choose to focus on all the other kinds of raining and pouring and monsoon-ing and tsunami-ing going on at the moment; great swells of love and gratitude and hope. Not to mention even larger tidal waves of God's mercy. It all depends on where I put my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment