Picture Frames
My picture frame (meaning my personal perspective or viewpoint of life) has been fairly small recently, since most discussion and decision-making, and almost all plans and actions, have been pointing toward a destination: SELLING THE HOUSE.
Today I was reminded that God’s perspective of this project is actually much larger, and I only limit myself by choosing to obsess about, and focus on, what I see through “my” picture frame. In the midst of the remodel, He’s actually shaping and refining skills, relationships, and attitudes…and ultimately, character. It’s a time for embracing appreciation, creativity, discovery and growth; a time to pull apart the pieces of that old frame (mind-set) and see how His wide-angle lens can broaden the view and bring things together that might not have overlapped otherwise.
This is true all the time, but perhaps especially right now as I turn this corner in my life. I actually would like for Him to blow apart all my frames (I think I have one for just about everything and everyone) and immerse me in His panoramic vistas instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment