Four of our eleven grandchildren live on the other side of the
moon - a metaphor of course. Their house
is actually only a paltry 1,400 miles away from ours.
Because of the distance factor, I can be a serious goon when
it comes to communication. Electronic conversations
via emails or text messages are like little gifts that drop magically out of the
sky without warning! Thankfully, our daughter regularly initiates reports and visual peeks into the goings-on within
the family. I swoon with delight over
each one (told you I was a goon). This
evening she sent a picture of the grand-girls posed with their dad’s most
recent culinary creation: a gluten-free, heart-shaped Valentine pizza.
I texted back. “How is it?”
Three streaming little gray dots meant an answer was forthcoming. I stared at them, eager for words
to pop up. It almost felt like I was
there with them. Almost.
Three different blips showed up on the screen in rapid
succession: “Josie says Delicious! Ellie says Delicious yum! Lydia says Delicious
yummmmmm!”
“Daddy gets a 5-star rating!” I typed back.
“Thinking about making a Paleo Lava Cake for Valentines Day,”
my daughter typed.
“COOL!” I replied.
That was that. It was
brief but heart-warming exchange. Sometimes I just love technology. I absolutely do.

No comments:
Post a Comment