Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Simple Lens



I’m reposting the following quote (with permission) from a friend’s Facebook status today:

My thought this morning....is about how busy the world is all about me....it seems to swirl and twist at a faster pace each year...but through my aged eyes I see my own space in this world slowing down .... simplicity and peace are now a welcomed part of my world.

Swirling and twisting are tornado-like images that remind me of spaghetti in a pot of hard-boiling water!  And yes, I agree with my friend that the world is “busy” in this frantic, churning way, more so with each passing year.

I also identify with her when she refers to her own space in this world.  How that smaller space within the larger, very busy world can become more internally peaceful. How simplicity is welcomed. 

She makes reference to looking through “aged eyes” as if through a different lens.  In doing so, she recognizes the potential for a different pace within her own more-clearly-defined space, and isn’t automatically tossed into the larger cultural pot of boiling spaghetti that is slowly but surely turning into mush.

There is something profound about her witness to change, and her intentionally focused vision.  I felt compelled to pass it along.








No comments: