Aaron is our personal trainer at the gym. He’s an incredibly
enthusiastic motivator: personable, knowledgeable, a thorough instructor and
outspoken cheerleader. Today he added a
few new moves to our routine, and challenged us to step up the pace while still
monitoring our safety as seniors.
I’m hooked. Although we can’t afford to work with him
indefinitely, I don’t want to give up his guidance and support! I wish he could
always be there, reminding me to straighten that sloppy left arm and pinch
those shoulder blades together. I want
to hear his, “…lean into it a little more…that’s great…good work!”
He’s a hired coach, and yet I’ve been thinking how our
relationship with him models the potential of relationships in general. How we do well to draw out the best in
each other - to support and strengthen, to applaud baby steps along the
way. Life is a journey toward ongoing growth
and change, so we’re all in training. It’s
a privilege to encourage one another along the path.
No comments:
Post a Comment