Feed people. This is
what I do.
To feed I must cook, and to cook I must shop. In the summer, grocery shopping becomes both
art and science. After exiting the second supermarket of the day this afternoon,
I idled the car in the parking lot and reviewed my cumulative, extensive purchases. Did I have everything? Chips Ahoy for the
grandkids – check. M&M’s for the
potty-trainee – check. Organic spinach
for Grampa and me – check. Mocha Latte
for the coffee connoisseur arriving on Friday – check.
Tonight we had lake fish for dinner. After chowing down the crispy critters with
gusto, our two visiting 10-year-old grand-boys slurped down ice cream cones
before launching the fishing boat with Grampa - to replenish our supply of fish,
of course. You can never have enough
fried fish when these two are here, and from my perspective, it’s free food. They returned carrying a stringer with slimy
gilled, finned Actinopterygii (the official name for bony fish, such a cool
sounding name - whether or not it is accurate in this case is undetermined), and celebrated their catch by noshing on s’mores around a
campfire followed by popcorn in front of a movie.
I feed people, like these endearing fishermen. This is what I do.
I feed people, like these endearing fishermen. This is what I do.




No comments:
Post a Comment