Hi. My name is Art. That’s a nickname, short for Artist. I’m a painted turtle with a dark top shell and artistic patterns of yellow and red on my underside.
I was sitting on the road today, minding my own business, when a woman stopped her car, got out, and picked me up. Three little girls were also riding in her car. She invited them to touch my shell; they squealed and laughed, and seemed thrilled. I pulled my head in and stayed quiet.
They took me somewhere and put me in a bucket with a lot of seaweed, hoping I would feel at home. They thought I was acting sluggish and wondered if I was sick. Honestly, I was terrified.
I’m currently in the bucket – my bedroom for the night. Fortunately they brought me inside the house, so I’m safe from coons. I’m supposed to sleep here until morning. Tomorrow they say they will set me free in the lake. I hope so. It’s going to be a long night.

No comments:
Post a Comment