Today I skimmed a couple of books on display in the waiting area while my friend consulted at length with a new doctor. Several of us had traveled with her over an hour to the
appointment, jointly trusting God for the consult to be good in some
unforeseeable way.
It was good. She returned with teary eyes brimming - a sign of new hope. We hugged all around.
A young employee watched us and smiled softly, acknowledging our shared
commitment.
During the long drive home we talked about all sorts of nitty-gritty
things that had left their mark; things that had shaped us, brought us to today. It was
therapeutic. Hard. Awesome.
Tonight while recapping the experience, a scripture came to
mind expressing the Psalmist’s thanks for those in the community of faith. I looked up the verse: “How good and pleasant it is when
God’s people live together in unity!”
(Psalm 133:1)
To that I say, amen.
2 comments:
Even though I was not an original participant, as part of the larger community, I say, "Amen."
Me, too. "Amen."
Post a Comment