Sunday, June 17, 2012

Extreme




It has been an extreme day.  Extremely uplifting, busy, crazy, special, surprising, fun, challenging, and…extreme.  Extremely extreme.  That works.

I visited a church this morning that was very different from my home church.  I found it extremely inspiring.

Father’s Day lunch featured extreme homemade chicken/bacon/bleu cheese/onion/b-b-que pizza (yes, b-b-que pizza) and neopolitan banana splits topped with whipped cream and a cherry - compliments of our daughter.

Extreme drama exploded when our 2-year-old granddaughter screamed.  A drip of hot bacon grease landed on the top of her head during the pizza prep.  Miraculously, coils of her curly hair shielded her scalp and she knew only momentary discomfort thanks to the application of a bag of frozen peas.   No lingering blister, only a pink spot!

Volumes of sawdust and extremely loud noise floated both inside the outside the house this afternoon as the guys replaced our sliding glass door.   This called for extreme clean-up. 

Last year I laboriously transplanted clumps of lily-of-the-valley from an overgrown portion of the yard in an attempt to rescue them from obliteration.  Today I made a radical (extreme) executive decision to dig them up.  They weren’t right for the space, so I’m extremely glad I gave myself permission to undo what I did before.

The dog struck his mesmerized statuesque pose in the lake for a total of 5 hours – an extremely patient fisher-dog.  (We assume he’s looking for fish when he does this.)

It was extremely cloudy and gloomy this morning, but turned out to be an extremely gorgeous, sunny day. 

Some folks might say (I know for a fact they DO say) we’re an extreme family.  Today I'd have to agree.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, it sounds like an extremely appropriate day for an extreme family!