Monday, November 28, 2011

Connecting-the-Hope-Dots




I love the concept of connect-the-dot pictures with their step-by-step evolution of a shape.  Sometimes intangible-but-critical-spiritual-dots also come together to fashion an inspiring image of emerging wholeness and hopefulness.  Here are some recent dots:

Want to be blessed?  Be a blessing to someone else. 
Want to be hopeful?  BECOME HOPE to someone else. 
Give until it hurts. 
Turn from stubbornness, pride, and conceit. 
Rest from self-effort, even in the mist of creativity.
Rest from distractions, even in the midst of the unexpected.
Rest in God’s purpose, because human vision inevitably seems to fade.
Believe Him, trust Him, have faith in His faithfulness.
Ask Him to instruct in prayer, belief, hope, suffering, forgiveness, and love.

I’ve heard there are natural 7-year cycles to life, and that we all can expect a shift approximately every 7 years.  If this is true, I’m heading into the 9th such cycle, and am sensing the inherent changes in big ways.  Following are some more dots:

I love the Lord.
I love regenerative time spent with Him, and want to cultivate more.
I love to worship Him, and want to worship more.
I love people.
I love being in relationship with them.
I love quiet moments alone with my inner self.
I love personal pursuits in those quiet moments. 
The more I give myself away (to all of the above loves), the more I have.
Going through the motions is a waste of time.
My own wishing and longing is fleeting and ultimately unsatisfying.
God’s hope anchors me on the high seas of desire.

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”  Hebrews 6:19

No comments: