Severe disorientation followed by memory loss led Fritz to drive me to the hospital emergency room yesterday afternoon. Following one CT scan, one MRI, one EEG (of brain waves), a continuous-running EKG, numerous pricks with needles, and THE most obnoxious middle-of-the-night ballooning leg massagers EVER, I’m finally home again.
The diagnosis is most likely a seizure, based on abnormal brain waves noticed with the EEG. However, the doctors are also not ruling out the possibility of a small TIA. I have a follow-up appointment next week, and an appointment with a neurologist in a couple of weeks.
And I can’t drive a car for 6 months!!! It’s Michigan state law!
Right now I think it’s time to woozie-my-way to bed with these jello-legs and fuzzy head – right after I enjoy a cup of hot orange tea with stevia. Ahhhh, I love being HOME.
1 comment:
Oh, my dear! Were you aware that you were "out of it"? How thankful I am that Fritz was there. I pray for you now (as I write); I'll pray through the night watches.
I hope you will soon know the source of your disorientation so that you can take the proper precautions. Meanwhile, rest in the security of knowing you belong to the Heavenly Father - He whose power raised the Lord Jesus!
Post a Comment