It’s been an interesting several days since coming down to Lafayette from Michigan – hardly typical or average, but rather busy, involved, and deeply introspective.
Today I visited a dear friend, someone I’ve known for the past 55 years. We grew up together, were Brownie Scouts together, and walked to and from school together from 1st through 12th grade. She had a hysterectomy a week ago, and the follow-up pathology report held some shocking news that left her emotionally winded. Life will never be the same, and yet I’m convinced some of our most important/vital living occurs in these kinds of desert times. We talked about that. She agreed.
I urged my tough-it-out, stoic German hubby to contact our primary care doctor again today, even as he waits for a CT scan on Thursday. Fortunately, the doc squeezed him in, and I was not surprised to learn his EKG was abnormal. (Symptoms were pointing that way.) We’ve been down a similar road before and were challenged, stretched, surprised, transformed, and ultimately strengthened by that journey. I feel a similarly important page has just turned.
Now the goal must be keeping a right focus: love and faithfulness. Proverbs 3:3, 5, 6 comes to mind:
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart…Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
No comments:
Post a Comment