Friday, December 17, 2010

Benign




We’re finally back in Michigan, enveloped in soft Christmas music while our sparkly little tree stands in the corner hovering over a growing pile of wrapped gifts.  It’s small, warm, and cozy here, and we’re glad to be home.

As I think back on my two recent extended visits to Lafayette, a variety of different memories float to the surface – many that are bitter-sweet.  In reviewing them, I can find reason for both sadness and celebration.  It feels like we’ve left a million times – and returned just as many - as this transitional phase of life has drawn out now for not weeks or months, but YEARS.

But anyway, amidst a potpourri of memories/thoughts/hopes/dreams/concerns swirling through my head tonight – from evaluative to overwhelmed to expectant - I sat down to write this blog and kept coming back to one rather silly thing: a cute marquee I noticed this week in front of a place of business on Sagamore Parkway in Lafayette.  I can’t help but wonder about the creative mind that authored it. 

BENIGN: WHAT YOU BE AFTER YOU BE EIGHT!

No comments: