I love the flute I got for Christmas - one patterned after those used by native American Indians! After only 3 days in my hands it has produced some beautifully inspiring music for me – mellow, earthy sounds somehow reminiscent of the wind playfully traveling through cattails, pine trees, waves, valleys and mountains.
The instrument itself is 18” long and 1 1/2” in diameter. It is so lightweight it seems to allow my fingers to lie at rest rather than work while holding it.
As far as technique, I’m finding the trick is in breath control. The more steady the flow of air, the more penetrating and resonant the sound. My flute came with an instruction manual and CD, so I’ve had plenty of inspiring practice material.
Here’s a picture of this beautiful piece of wood that has been crafted to become an enchanting and expressive tool of soulful music:
No comments:
Post a Comment