The auditory ranks of tinnitus continue to march on (picture rank-and-file-type troops) with a conquering battle mindset, their squealing bagpipes screaming constantly with never even a tiny pause for breath. They are relentless in their pursuit with a well-planned and orchestrated strategy: overwhelm.
I try to be realistic. No one (not even the saintliest saint) could bear up under this kind of internal pressure perfectly. I fight back, but not with resolve or will or guts. These fail me every time.
Rather, I wait expectantly knowing His truth will prevail. Righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, prayer, and the word of God (as in Ephesians 6:14-18) are my weapons. His grace and mercy will overshadow the ever-oncoming ranks.
Still, the war zone is blood-spattered. I ache for a single moment of peace. However, His grace is greater than my fear.
“It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace…” Hebrews 13:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment