Friday, November 27, 2009

Re-Grouping Out Loud

The last several weeks have been defined by atypical (extremely good but also challenging) days. I’m finally trying to catch my breath and shake out the cobwebby after-blur even as I forge ahead and click off the to-do list for the next project (having friends over for dinner tonight).

Anyway, here’s what I’m thinking.

The body of Christ here on earth is full of diversity beyond our comprehension. Each person uniquely demonstrates some aspect of God’s person/character, and thus serves some specific purpose in His kingdom plan. Those quickened by His spirit and inspired by His transforming graces are walking around like the little specks of energy they are, bumping into and rubbing off onto each other, sharing their individual slants, ministering and being ministered to in much the same way that individual cells work together to jointly comprise a whole, integrated, working/functioning, living thing.

Amidst this mass of redeemed humanity my specific, individual focuses/goals (in no particular order) seem to be:

1. holistically stewarding the life given by God (honoring God by intentionally agreeing with Him in regard to the health of body/soul/spirit)
2. living hopefully by assuming a childlike posture before God (accepting circumstances and expecting Him to work in them according to His will)
3. humbly seeking relationship with God (turning from arrogance/pride)
4. working toward transparency/authenticity with God and others

I don’t pretend to perform these perfectly, or even well - but rather see them coming together as a four-fold, overlapping frame to support my vision for wholeness.

No comments: