Case Study #1:
Imagine for a moment that you’re struggling to break free of
an addiction to McDonald’s chicken nuggets.
(Don’t laugh, we know a gentleman in his 70’s with this problem.) To add
to the dilemma, your doctor has said absolutely no more of Micky D’s crispy gobs
must enter your mouth. Ever.
And now pretend (c’mon, it’s not that hard) that I said
there’s a way around this – you can make your own nuggets breaded with bean
flour and unsweetened coconut, and lightly fried on a griddle in olive oil. And
I even showed you a picture, to get the saliva flowing.
What if I also told you about a knockout honey mustard sauce
for dipping these brown beauties made with homemade mayonnaise. Hmmmmmm?
Case Study #2:
What if that same doctor (see above) completely clutzed any
hope of desserts – no refined sugar, no wheat flour, no dairy, and of course no
Crisco (did you know this stuff is one molecule away from plastic?). Such edicts can, and do, happen in real life – trust me. And so what if you craved chocolate cake with thick chocolate frosting soon after this mandate was issued? Your favorite dark chocolate cake made with Hershey
cocoa, refined sugar, wheat flour, and (shudder) Crisco – and topped with rich
chocolate buttercream frosting made of powdered sugar, butter, and more c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e?
This kind of craving is built in, right? It's in our all-American bloodlines. Well, what if I told you wait a minute,
you can make a better chocolate cake with nuts and nut flour, stevia, dates,
and coconut oil. And I said you'd love
it! Really. I mean look at this picture.
The Big Question:
A lot of people have been telling me to author a cookbook of
anti-inflammatory recipes (that’s what we’re talking about here, getting rid of
foods that inflame your insides and encourage chronic disease). My dilemma? I’m not sure you would believe
me, that you would trust my recipes.
Would you? I mean when it comes
down to it, would you bother to prepare
my chicken nuggets? My chocolate
cake? I wonder. Maybe your doctor would need to crack the
whip. Or would my story be enough to convince you to take the plunge?


No comments:
Post a Comment