Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life




We received hard news this morning – a dear friend passed away last night due to complications following “routine” surgery (hernia repair). We’ve been stunned all day as a result, although “the beat goes on” with the very lively activity of kids and grandkids – a good diversion.

Among other activities, we rigged the Hobie today for its maiden voyage of the 2011 summer season.  Our 10-year-old grandson seemed to show a budding interest;  maybe he’ll be the next skipper someday? 

Our friend is no longer with us, and yet we’re surrounded by so much life and new promise…..



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow! You know, there've been an unusual # of deaths around us here...I went out and bought a box of sympathy cards at Walgreens on Friday! (I'd stumbled on some very nice ones there and bought a box for my mother awhile ago...Now I need them in quantity.)

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It will probably hit you after the festivities of the holiday wind down...