This morning while I was walking the road along the lake with only watery breezes and sunshine for company, a dark cloud suddenly rolled in overhead and shed pellets of rain that were caught and driven by the wind. I pulled my hood over my head and tucked my face to avoid the onslaught, but my glasses were soon well-spotted and drippy anyway. A minute or two later I finally looked up and was greeted by the widest, brightest rainbow I’ve ever seen! The raindrops on my glasses actually seemed to enhance the effect; the magnified distortions of magnificent color caught me off-guard with their odd but striking beauty.
Our piano tuner came later in the day – a genuinely nice guy who always has time to connect personally as well as tend to the piano. A “snowbird” friend leaving for Florida on Monday also visited for a couple of hours, shared a hot drink, and then went shopping with me at the “Little Store.” I sent both of them home with fresh-baked sticky buns – a small gesture of friendship – and felt somehow refreshed myself by doing so.
No comments:
Post a Comment