I’m currently on a collision course with an emerging identity: weirdness. Some folks assume I must be just a little (or a lot) strange, you know, “out there,” because of atypical views on food, health, and wellness.
After all, I refuse to fit the norm when it comes to attitudes about fried mozzarella sticks dipped in Ranch dressing, fast food hamburgers layered with plastic cheese, and tall ice cream waffle cones stuffed with hormone-and-chemical-laden-pasteurized-and-homogenized-cream-topped-with-artificial-hydrogenated-fat-topping. Instead, I go flying off on culinary tangents and indulge in (raw) zucchini spaghetti topped with (raw) marinara sauce, (raw) crackers made from nuts and vegetables, (raw) chocolate mousse (I kid you not), and other delights that sounds totally foreign to the Standard American Diet (because they ARE).
As if this isn’t enough weirdness, I also resist (until the last resort, at least) chemical drugs and invasive treatments that are considered the “gold standard.” HA! I suppose “gold” fits, since someone makes a ton of money while those treatments often mask symptoms without addressing the CAUSE of the problem and even sometimes just cause additional issues requiring more “gold standard” treatments!
I’m weird because I receive therapy from a Rife (frequency) machine instead of plunging headlong into suggested surgery. I’m weird because I follow recommendations from an oncologist from Italy, a Franciscan monk who served for his entire life in the jungles of South America, and a local wellness practitioner with no capital letters after her name to prove her status. How strange.
The skeptics can’t stand it, being slow to shift gears from practiced mind-sets, and prefer to smile politely with those I-think-you’re-kooky-but-I-like-you-anyway grins. I’m sure they wonder how I ended up so far out in left field…even when the positive results/evidences stack up. Funny, because those same people also say I look better than I have in a long time. I’m flattered, but respond by saying that my step has a little more bounce, too, because I FEEL better than I have in a long time.
So WHY do I choose against the American Way, complete with its drug, cut, or burn approaches - at least until other options have been exhausted? Because, remember, I’m so weird that I’ve decided to give my self-healing body a chance to heal itself. As I’ve probably said before in other soapbox moments, my job is to figure out how to support its efforts to that end.
I decided it might be good to take a moment and clarify my motives right here, just in case someone cares. The current focus in these aforementioned areas stems primarily from one thing: obedience to God. Yeah. That’s right. You may not see it that way, but then I don’t necessarily expect you to.
It boils down to this: I hope (in my weakness, with Him as my strength) to take an offensive stand for honoring THE TEMPLE. God help me live out this conviction!
“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.” I Co. 3:16
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” I Co. 6:19,20
“What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said, ‘I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.’” II Co. 6:16
No comments:
Post a Comment