Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Plan D



Once upon a time, I had a plan all laid out for my day – we’ll call it Plan A.  It was a nice Plan, and goodness knows…we all try to be nice, don’t we?  Plan A was generous and kind without requiring a serious sacrifice or undue amount of effort.

Nice.  I’m not necessarily inferring it was best.

But then another person’s Plan A cancelled my nice Plan A, and two new Plan Bs emerged for me and that other person. They were fine Plans, fine and dandy. Not long after, my anticipated Plan B - also nice - evaporated.   The other person’s Plan B held firm.

I moved on to Plan C, a potential husky in this pack of Plans, one that had been waiting in the shadows, licking its chops, for this very moment of empty space! I guess I’ll call it the get-down-to-business, stop-messing-around and knuckle-down, you’ve-been-putting-this-off-for-months Plan.  That one. There’s no time like the present, it barked.

But the present is slippery, and hard to grasp in the face of distraction, I whined, mourning the loss of sweet little Plans A and B.

Anyway, the aforementioned other person is now seated before his computer cranking out his Plan B, and I’m hunkered over my screen and keyboard, reluctant to confront an overwhelming Plan C that requires Hard Work and Mental Effort. I tiptoe around Plan C, a real taskmaster that has been pricking me for almost a year now, reminding me that I’m putting it off. I recognize its snarl from encounters in the past, and hope to avoid disciplinary measures by messing around and writing stuff that doesn’t matter in the least, like this stupid blog – my Plan D.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm SO curious, Beth!