Friday, October 20, 2017

Fender-Bender Friend



I stopped at Earth Fare for a salad bar lunch (delicious!), and when I returned to the car a scrap of paper was tucked under my windshield wiper.  A grocery list decorated with lovely drawings - presumably created at the hand of an artistic little girl - had been repurposed.  On the backside I found a short message to me, including an apology.

Someone had scraped a small spot on the rear hub of my car while exiting the parking spot next to mine.  Their honesty deeply blessed me like a BIG breath of fresh air!  An unexpected childlike joy radiated from the cute sketches - I couldn't help but smile.

The next day I made contact with the information contained in the driver’s note.  Amazingly, we were friends at first text! After addressing the car incident, it didn’t take long to discover common threads weaving through our lives: geographical locations both now and in the past, shared medical histories with cardiomyopathy and heart failure, families (her children were the same age as some of our grandkids), and even common vehicle side-swipe stories!  We shared core beliefs in the Lord of Life, and agreed our bizarre meeting seemed ordained.

Now we’re eager to meet face-to-face.  After the car is repaired - the hubby and I are spot-painting it ourselves tomorrow it rather than going with the expensive quote from the body shop - she would like to deliver reimbursement for the paint in person so we can visit awhile.  Such a random, fluky encounter gone providential!  Makes me think of this:


“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” James 1:17



No comments: