Here’s a crazy story of a serious old-lady mistake coupled with magnified gratitude.
Four days ago, while vigorously chopping in the
kitchen (kale was the object), I sliced off the tip of my left thumb - flesh as
well as skin. Shock and pain introduced a
percussion orchestra that throbbed like none other, but quick advice from a nurse friend and several
online references got the treatment ball rolling. The injury was nasty (will a crater remain after it heals?), and yet I was fortunate damage wasn’t worse.
Thanks to a thumb splint, yesterday I could (very carefully) share
yard work and an unseasonal campfire dinner with a couple of vibrant grandsons and their parents.
These were such precious moments for me - ones that inspired heightened appreciation for the special people in my life, and the miracle we call healing.



1 comment:
Sounds painful. (I know you'll watch for infection.)
Glad you were able to enjoy the wonderful weather and accomplish yard work with those (growing) grandsons.
God IS good.
Post a Comment