Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Tribute




It seems qualities like sacrifice, diligence, and intention are becoming more rare these days, along with homemade pie and bread, doors that need not be locked, and businesses that close on Sundays. 

And yet thankfully, virtue endures.  Friends have my back, and I have theirs. We forge our unique paths together while searching for wisdom on journeys of need, discovery, hope, and love.  We are a sisterhood.

I’m not patting any of us on the back.  Rather I stand in awe, for there’s a sacred element involved.  We are interwoven in profound ways.  

I appreciate this handful of vital people, just as I am grateful for divine provisions like food to eat, water to drink, and air to breathe.  We bless each other; we carry each other’s weight.  And as hours and days pass, and even amidst loss and heartache, something changes: our hearts expand and heal, and we thrive.


1 comment:

rebecca said...


If I lived closer, I'd like to think I'd be part of that "vital handful"...