A friend who happens to be a wellness practitioner will celebrate her 10th year in business the first week in February. My homemade, bite-sized/baked/frosted chocolate doughnuts will join a variety of other gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free goodies from my kitchen as refreshments for her clients all next week. As a result, I'm baking a batch or two a day and storing them in the freezer.
I had a tiny blob of chocolate doughnut dough leftover from today's efforts, and so
baked it in a custard cup, sort of like a cookie.
"What's THAT?" my adorable husband asked.
"It's leftover dough, baked in a blob."
"Can I eat it?"
"Not until I smear it with homemade Nutella...just a minute."
He waited, patiently. With the first bite he
oohed and aahed, moaned and groaned like a delighted child discovering chocolate for the very first time.
"Here's what you need to do," he mumbled
with his mouth full.
"What? And wait until you swallow - I
can't understand you."
His recommendation didn't surprise me in the least.
"You need to keep all of those for us, and make something else for the
project."
"Right. Sure."
"But I don't want to let them go...I don't
want to LET THEM GO!"
Ah, the drama of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment