Monday, November 9, 2015

Bedrock Toolbox



My pink, girly-looking toolbox is great for keeping gizmo-gadgets in one place so I can find them when a picture falls off the wall, or a screaming grandkid locks himself in the bathroom and I need to pick that lock – and quickly.



But honestly, this cute, user-friendly-looking box is deficient. While it holds a couple of slim-nose pliers and several miniature eyeglass screwdrivers, it lacks big, influential tools able to tackle really mean jobs when something essential falls apart.  

That’s often the way it is with health, too.  We rely on superficial quick-fix tools without addressing what’s actually “broken” underneath.

In recent years, I’ve been outfitting a wellness toolbox with new power tools (by that I mean powerful tools): an anti-inflammatory diet, a mind-blowing collection of nutritional supplements, an exercise routine with various resistance bands and weights, and a schedule for regular walking. And I’ve realized vast improvements.

But new-and-improved tools showed up a few months ago when I wasn’t even searching for anything else (it always amazes me when this happens, as if God steps in and says “Here, THIS is for YOU”) - new products that support health at basic foundational levels, and thus every other part of me as well.  I’m in a better place as a result, even better than the good spot I’d already discovered doing all those other pro-active things.

For example, I sleep soundly most nights (no small thing when it used to take hours to fall asleep only to waken as if electrified at 3:00 a.m.), tolerate even unbearable annoyances (huge when you have chronic tinnitus that sounds like referee whistles going off inside your head 24/7), and navigate physical and emotional challenges (amazing when you can hold your own with energetic grandkids, and feel less jumpy inside when disappointment strikes).

It’s almost as if a switch has flipped inside, and my entire body is calmer and more capable.

Things like this don’t happen accidentally when you’re sixty-six years old.  Rather, it’s about these new tools: Plexus Worldwide products that oxygenate and detox cells and quell inflammation, balance blood sugar levels, and rebalance gut bacteria.

Pretty hefty tools, I’d say.  Like crowbars. And nail guns.

 Let me speak plainly, here. Plexus is becoming major for me.  As well as seeing results myself, I’ve been amazed by the testimonies of others who have found relief from their own plagues - brain fog, thyroid imbalances, eczema, chronic fatigue, anxiety, allergies, and so many assorted other ills.  This is because they are repairing underlying footings instead of just patching sunken roofs.

As a result, I’m encouraging my friends to reevaluate their own toolboxes filled with aspirin bottles and band-aids, and suggesting they get serious about supporting health at bedrock.  And I have to say…Plexus is a helpful tool for doing just that.












No comments: