Tonight I received a suspicious email – actually an electronic
invitation from “your escort” for a “romantic night” on Sunday “for dinner and
music” with designated attire as “casual nice.”
Time? 6:15. I’d
be picked up at my house.
Oh sure.
Uh-huh. “Sounds like stupid
junk mail to me,” I mumbled.
But then my adorable hubby heard me snorting about “stupid
junk mail” and came over to see what all the fuss was about.
“So!” he said with one eyebrow raised. “An escort, eh? Some incredible hulk is trying to pick
up MY hot babe?”
I blew him off.
“Oh whatever. It’s just
junk mail. Annoying....junk....mail.”
He knelt down beside me in his swimsuit and murmured in my
ear: “Maybe not.”
“WHAT? Did you
send this to me? DID YOU?” I couldn’t believe it. “Huh?”
His little-boyish-grin gave it all away. It was true – he broke the mold (he NEVER does stuff like
this) and sent me an evite!
Evidently we’ll be celebrating our wedding anniversary Sunday evening,
compliments of my escort of 41 years. (The actual anniverary is July 10th, two days later.) I don’t know the details, but we’ll be going somewhere. To do something. Special.
No comments:
Post a Comment