Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oomph Health

I’ve decided it is time for consumer demand to speak up, and so have my megaphone in hand BECAUSE I’d like a new product to show up on a shelf somewhere – a packaged, nutritional supplement called “oomph.” I mean, well, I just need a little more-than-usual oomph today (I’m playing golf for the first time in 35 years).

This is true for most days, actually, for one reason or another. So here goes the megaphone. “Hey all you marketing dudes, where’s the OOMPH? Can’t you formulate a little and get it out there for a reasonable price?”

(silence – of course…they weren’t ready for me)

Okay, so if anyone is reading this blog, I’ll just ask YOU something. Now really, doesn’t that name – Oomph - sound like a great marketing ploy? If I go to the health food store (I love Nature’s Pharm in Lafayette) and am about to choose between identical products - one called something generic like “Vita-Min” (which is, by the way, what I’m currently taking) and the other “Oomph,” I ‘d go for the “Oomph.” It just has a lot more creative appeal, not to mention classiness. Sounds convincing. Clinical white coats brew up stuff in test tubes; I actually like a little a something representing the human psyche thrown in there for good measure. And I REALLY like buying things from people who are Real and provide Real goods and then call a spade a spade. I personally think “Oomph” could cover all the bases as long as it really IS a quality product, of course.

I also think just taking oomph - even a placebo - would give you oomph. Call it psychosomatic if you like, but I say there’s nothing wrong with the power of suggestion.

Sadly, there is no product called “oomph” and I don’t see any on the horizon. However, there IS an oomph resource in Australia if I ever want a place to visit. (Yeah, right, me the non-traveler.) Too bad it’s so far away…and medicine in our great U S of A is so slanted and pro-pharmaceutical that a resource like this would be dubbed quackery in this country in no time flat.

Anyway, take a look at this site – Oomph Health - it’s inspiring to me! I want an appointment! Should I get a flight to Australia??

http://www.oomphhealth.co.nz/

1 comment:

jogomu said...

It is called "Red Bull" :)