The suitcase is filling up with t-shirts and shorts as we prepare to drive south 1.300 miles back into summer. The next
days and weeks will be focused on our new grandchild (due to be born a week from tomorrow) and her parents and three sisters (age 6 and under). And so, it seems a good time to take a leave
of absence from the blog.
Why do I blog? I come here to relax. It’s a form of therapy, sort of like internal
free-falling. Various thoughts drift
without hindrance, until eventually one dominates. Creative juices flow, and the rest is
automatic pilot. Get it down, put it behind, and
go on to the next day. No room for
obsession.
I identify something about a given day, or some
introspection that hit me during the day, and record it. Therefore, topics can vary widely. Several
people have mentioned the disjointed nature of my posts being challenging to
read (admittedly, readership has not been my first concern, but I still have a
responsibility), which has prompted me to think about starting another blog
with a more focused theme. Also, I keep
putting off the long-term effort needed to see a couple of sketchy manuscripts
through to publication – a nagging (but encouraging) finger tapping on my
shoulder.
The next few weeks will be a good time to think about my
writing future - if, when, what, and how I’m going to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment